About the Journal
Focus and Scope
Journal of Human Capital Development
- The Journal of Human Capital Development is a refereed journal, which was launched in August 2008 by the Centre of Languages and Human Development, Universiti Teknikal Malaysia Melaka. The journal is published twice a year (June and December). It serves as a platform for the discussion of new perspectives related to issues on human and technology development and social innovation.
The journal aims to encourage development of ideas related to the humanities. It also contributes towards the advancement of these ideas at the local, national and global levels.
Contributions can range from the following streams:
- Human and Technology Development
- Social Innovation
Human Capital Development
Peer Review Process
Each article is reviewed by at least two reviewers who are chosen from our panel of experts in their respective fields. JHCD utilizes Open Journal System (OJS) for paper submission and for tracking the progress of a submitted article.
Once submitted, authors may expect result of the first review in 3 to 4 weeks time.
After the article has been reviewed, an official review is created. Reviewers will then make proper recommendations regarding the publication of the article based on the following categories:
- Accept submission: The article is accepted for publication by JHCD. Minimal revisions are required by authors to ensure that the article is ready for publication.
- Revisions required: The article is accepted for publication by the JHCD, but authors must first address several issues regarding its content and / or structure before it is ready for publication.
- Resubmit for review: The article needs substantial revision of its content and / or its structure and the article cannot be accepted for publication presently. However, because the article shows promise, authors should revise the entry and then resubmit it to the JHCD for consideration.*
- Decline submission: The article is not accepted for publication. The article’s purpose, content, and/ or use of research are not appropriate for JHCD.
Reviewers’ decision, along with copies of their reviews, will be forwarded to the authors as quickly as possible. We cannot guarantee how long the review process takes, but our reviewers and editors are committed to ensuring that the process goes as swiftly as possible.
*If authors are invited to resubmit for review, we ask that authors resubmit within 3 months. We also ask that they include the original version of the article and the comments that were made regarding the revisions. Our policy is to make a final publication decision after one revision (of course, further work may also be requested to resolve any remaining issues).
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.